Friday 31 August 2012

Mystery Thief

Clickupon to embloatify
I found this figure when I was fossicking about in amongst my vast dunes of unpainted stuff recently. I don't know who the sculptor was, or which company produced it, but I think it was Grenadier, some time in the early- to mid-eighties.

The standard of sculpting isn't particularly high, even by the standards of the time, but it's not terrible either, and I quite like it. I have a preference for gaming figures that are depicted in the "moment of repose" between actions; I tend to dislike figures sculpted in action poses, especially some of the extremely exaggerated poses that seem to be in vogue with some sculptors.

The paint-job was a real quickie, as you can see, but it will suffice for my purposes.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a Grenadier figure from their 5001 Adventurers boxed set.
    See here: http://dndlead.com/Grenadier/5000s.htm
    figure C - Elf Thief

    ReplyDelete