Wednesday 19 March 2014

Sausage-fingers vs. Tiny Planes, part 2

Following on from my last post, I thought I'd give creating a photo-etching template a go. I've never done it before, but I think I know roughly what's required.

These are all the flat (or flattish) bits for building a 1:288 scale DH2. I haven't included any construction instructions, but if you know roughly what a DH2 is supposed to look like, I think it's all pretty simple.

I've assumed that it would be etched from 0.35mm shim; probably brass would be best. I don't know how one goes about allowing for partial etching, so I haven't included any fold lines or anything. Hopefully it will expose and etch well enough using something like Puretch, but having zero experience myself, it could all be a terrible disaster waiting to happen.

Here's a PDF of the template for high-resolution printing.

If anyone should decide to give it a go, I'd love to hear how it went. I'd love to try it myself, but I can't readily lay my hands on the photopolymer... maybe some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment