Friday 11 August 2017

I Fear Change

I started idly messing around with my Blogger theme, and rapidly realised two things:

  • I really should have backed up my old layout before I started, and
  • Not all themes give you access to the tools you've become accustomed to using for the last decade and more.
The current crop of available themes appear to be heavily oriented towards mobile users, which is not all that surprising I suppose. But it inevitably seems to mean stripping away most of the functionality of the desktop-oriented version, which frankly is a huge pain in the arse.

The most inconvenient change: I can no longer create a new post, or edit an existing post, right from my blog. Now I have to go to the Blogger dashboard and do it all from there.

Bah, humbug.

NOTE:
I've since changed it back to a less cool and snazzy theme that does actually include the tools I want. Take THAT, hipster UI designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment