Thursday 31 August 2017

Panzerjäger 1 Revisited

I finally got the German WWII artillerymen I ordered from Peter Pig, to crew my 3d-printed 15mm Panzerjäger 1 conversion.

This is the longest I've ever had to wait for an order from Peter Pig; they're normally here within a week or ten days, but this time I had to wait nearly a month. I suspect the problem is with NZ Post, since a whole lot of stuff arrived simultaneously, all of which had been ordered and shipped at about the same time from all over the world (Canada, UK and China) at the beginning of August.

Anyway, back to the model. Both of the figures required a little surgery to get them to fit into the very cramped fighting compartment, but nothing too serious — I had to carve off their bases and gasmask canisters and bend their limbs a bit, but that's about all.

I like Peter Pig figures a lot, but it cannot be denied that they all appear to have been modelled off Munch's The Scream.

It also cannot be denied that my 15mm figure painting skills are a bit woeful, but since my own eyesight is turning to shit, I tend not to notice their shortcomings once I'm pushing them around the wargames table.

No comments:

Post a Comment